08 Jul Shit Your Inner Critic Tells You About Pleasing Others [TJJS:EP261]
Your Inner Critic and Pleasing Others
your inner critic and pleasing others
Ever feel like if you tell someone you aren’t available to help them/do something for them, then you are totally letting them down? (And subsequently find yourself riddled with guilt?) Ever feel like you are soooo busy doing everything for everyone else that you have little, if any, time for yourself? Or have you ever felt that if you actually say NO to someone and choose to put yourself first, that you’d be a “total asshole”?
If those thoughts have run through your mind, congrats… you’re totally normal. But, I’m guessing that way of operating isn’t really leaving you super fulfilled, happy, and full of confidence and a sense of self-worth, amiright? [In my oh-so-humble opinion] we’ve been inundated with faulty messaging about what is “polite”, what is “being rude”, and what is “letting others down”. I believe the only way we can be super impactful with those we love, is to actually take care of ourselves… first. Seriously. Fucking FIRST. If you struggle in this category (again, you totally aren’t alone) have a listen to this episode where I dispel some super common myths about making everyone happy.
This pod explores:
- The huge LIE you have probably bought into without even knowing it
- Why putting yourself first is the most UNselfish thing you could do
- How to take care of yourself, communicate that with others, and NOT feel like an asshole
- Why putting everyone else first is a huge indicator of how you really value/don’t value yourself
DEEP, DOWN + DIRTY VIP LIST!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
WANNA BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHEN THE NEXT DDD IS OPEN FOR REG?
OF COURSE, YOU DO!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Get on the Deep, Down + Dirty VIP list!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!