03 May Self-Blame: Always Assuming It Must Be Your Fault [TJJS:EP345]
Tell me if this sounds familiar: Your partner/bestie/boss/mom says something snarky and you immediately make it all your fault and assume that you MUST have done something horribly wrong. And then, without asking for any type of clarity, you just stew on it, ruminating, and make up all sorts of stories about what that other person is thinking and how you must clearly be a total asshat.
The tendency to self-blame around every corner is actually far more common than you may think. Even though you are perpetually making it “all about you” (even if it’s in your own mind), doesn’t necessarily mean that you are a narcissist or purposely trying to take the blame for everything.
In this week’s episode, I discuss a multitude of reasons your knee-jerk reaction may be to self-blame (aka I must have done something wrong!!), four steps to dealing with this habit, and how to let go of some of this shit that is soooo not your responsibility.
This pod explores:
- Why you tend to think that it’s all your fault, you must have done something wrong, and surely *that person* is pissed at you
- My four-step process to breaking down your self-blame so you can have richer connections with people and you know… not hate yourself
- My absolute favorite tool that immediately snaps you out of blaming yourself (and it’s soooo easy)
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Help Not Another Self-Help Pod get adopted!
- Grab your FREE Anxiety + Fear Hypnosis Meditation
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #148: What It Really Means To Forgive Yourself
- POD#289: Forgiving Others – Especially When They Don’t Deserve It
- POD#294: Super Simple Confidence Hacks
- POD#320: 7 Ways To Kick Your Self-confidence Into High Gear
- POD#330: Accessing “Enoughness”: Believing You Are Worthy
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!