10 May When New Trauma (AKA Pandemic) Kicks Up Old Trauma + What to Do About It [TJJS:EP346]
when new trauma kicks up old trauma
You spent years in therapy dealing with your “family of origin” issues, so #WTF does dad still trigger you like crazy? Especially now during this whole quarantine bullshit? You learned how to deal with your inner critic and were handling it like a #boss, so why has Covid been bringing out your inner shit talker in full force? You know how to speak up for yourself, but you let your MIL run all over you yesterday. So what gives?
Well, my friend, this lovely little personal development journey you’ve got here… NEVER ENDS. And, that doesn’t mean that your life doesn’t get a shit-ton better and have you all empowered, but it DOES mean that you will likely contend with hardship and triggers for the rest of your life… PD just helps you engage with those triggers and hardships in a more empowered way. PLUS… whenever you experience a new trauma (a la coronavirus) it naturally kicks up old trauma. Yay. Great.
If you’ve been at a loss as to how to address this collective grief and trauma we’ve all been experiencing and have been saying things like, “I thought I already worked through this shit!” then this episode is a must-listen. I address 6 concepts that can help you alter your perspective around your own growth which will leave you #relieved and excited about the journey instead of judging it. And also… TOOLS.
This pod explores:
- Why addressing our shiz isn’t a “one and done” sort of process and how to view it in a more empowering light
- My favorite question to ask yourself when old shit surfaces again (Ugh. I know.)
- How to identify healthy behaviors that make you feel safe
- Why you need to FEEL, not FIX and why you reeeeeally don’t want to
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Help Not Another Self-Help Pod get adopted!
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #339: The *Real* Reasons You’re Mad + Sad, Part 2
- Psychology Today
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!