11 Oct What To Say When You Don’t Know #WTF To Say [TJJS:EP364]
when someone has good intentions, but you need them to stop
A few weeks back, I asked the Pod-iance what instances left them fumbling for words and lacking the knowledge of what to say. And wow, did y’all deliver! One listener was stumped on what to say when someone says something you disagree with or that straight-up offends you. Another expressed difficulty speaking up when everyone and their mother has an opinion about what she should do for her wedding. And yet another expressed a tough time being vocal when a well-meaning person dismisses a powerful choice you’ve made (like not wanting kids or not eating meat).
Tough ones, right? Isn’t it easier to just sweep it under the rug or not rock the boat? Sure it is. But there is a cost to letting others mow you over with their words. Every time you choose to silence yourself, you are sending a subconscious message to yourself that your wants, opinions, and needs simply don’t matter as much as other people. That’s a HUGE message to your self-worth! And, not a good message, I may add.
Have a listen to this week’s show where I give a litany of script options of what you can say in the stickiest of situations. Be sure to have your pen and paper handy as this episode is packed with assertive phrases you can use to speak up for yourself without starting a brawl or feeling like an asshat.
This pod explores:
- What to say when you’re offended but don’t want to get into a huge debate
- How to speak up for a powerful choice you’ve made that your family doesn’t agree with
- What to say when you’re totally caught off guard
- How to shut down conversations that make you feel dismissed or backed into a corner
- What to say when someone tells you you’re too “sensitive” or “emotional” or whatever
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!