29 Jul What Self-Care *Really* Means [TJJS:EP264]
What Self-Care Really Means
what self-care really means
You’re scrollin’ through Insta or Facebook and you see all these lovely inspirational memes about self-care and making yourself important and you’re like, “Yeah, lemme just book a facial. That should help me feel less stress from my shit job.” If you’ve been cynical about self-care, honey, I feel you.
Self-care’s online reputation would have you believing that taking care of yourself is all about mani/pedi’s, bubble baths, and massages. While these things definitely fall in the self-care category, there are actually WAY more ways to take care of yourself… most likely in ways you haven’t even thought of.
In this week’s pod, I share four major categories of your life that are often overlooked when it comes to truly taking care of yourself. If you’ve been feeling like you just don’t have the time for a spa day, but you KNOW something’s gotta change or you’re going to lose your shit, this episode is a MUST-LISTEN.
This pod explores:
- What-the-hell boundaries have to do with self-care
- The number one area where Perfectionists tend to majorly lack self-care
- Dental visits, work relationships,‘Being Lazy’, and other surprising forms of self-care
WANNA HANG WITH ME IN MEXICO?
JUMP IN while you still can! Go HERE or click that image to the right to secure your spot in paradise! Can’t wait to hug you #IRL!
Of course, you do! ONLY 2 SPOTS LEFT for my Mexico Retreat!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab one of the last 2 spots for the Mexico retreat!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #131 – How to Stop Talking Shit to Yourself
- POD #200 – What No One Ever Taught You About Boundaries
- POD #262 – I Thought I Already Dealt with This! Why Your Personal Development Journey is Never ‘Done’
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!