26 Apr What Self-Care *Really* Means [TJJS:EP344]
what self-care means
You’re scrollin’ through Insta or Facebook and you see all these lovely inspirational memes about self-care and making yourself important and you’re like, “Yeah, lemme just book a facial. That should help me feel less stress from my shit job.” If you’ve been cynical about self-care, honey, I feel you.
Self-care’s online reputation would have you believing that taking care of yourself is all about mani/pedi’s, bubble baths, and massages. While these things definitely fall in the self-care category, there are actually WAY more ways to take care of yourself… most likely in ways you haven’t even thought of.
In this week’s pod, I share four-ish major categories of your life that are often overlooked when it comes to truly taking care of yourself. If you’ve been feeling like you just don’t have the desire for a home spa day, but you KNOW something’s gotta change or you’re going to lose your shit, this episode is a MUST-LISTEN.
This pod explores:
- What-the-hell boundaries have to do with self-care
- The number one area where Perfectionists tend to majorly lack self-care
- Dental visits, work relationships,‘Being Lazy’, and other surprising forms of self-care
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your FREE Anxiety + Fear Hypnosis Meditation
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- Unlocking Us Podcast with Brené Brown
- POD #298: 4 Steps to Silencing Your Inner Shit Talker
- POD #338: The Real Reasons Your Mad + Sad, Part 1
- POD #339: The Real Reasons Your Mad + Sad, Part 2
- POD #342: How To Win At Life When Shit Hits The Fan
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!