28 Jun TRUE OR FALSE: INNER CRITIC EDITION [TJJS:EP352]
If you’ve been involved in personal development or self-help for a while, surely you have come into some conflicting information around managing your inner critic, what that actually means, and how to really do it. Although it’s #amaze that there are so many people spreading positive messages out there, it doesn’t mean that there aren’t some seriously problematic ideas being conveyed about what it means to “successfully” contend with your inner voice.
If you’ve seen memes floating around Facebook or Insta telling you to just love and accept yourself and speaking kindly to yourself and all your problems will magically disappear, honey, you are not alone. And, it can feel downright discouraging and defeating when you actually DO start speaking kindly to yourself and the heavens don’t part and make way for unicorns giving out ice cream. In this episode, I thought it would be fun to do a little game of True or False with Mr. Smith to see if I’ve been accurately painting a realistic picture of what it really looks like to manage an inner critic on the regs.
Have a listen, play along, and see how you do on this round of ten True or False statements! You’ve got this!
This pod explores:
- The ways in which our Inner Critics communicate with us (hint: more than one, babycakes!)
- Why your Inner Critic changes and how to stay on top of it
- How and when to use positive affirmations (this answer may surprise you!)
- The next step you need to take to get this inner voice under control
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #206 – New Level, New Devil: How Your Inner Critic Grows As You Grow
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!