15 Mar The *Real* Reasons You’re Mad + Sad, Part 1 [TJJS:EP338]
why you’re mad or sad
Ever have that experience of getting rid of an old car and getting an amazing brand new one, but you still find yourself a bit sad to let go of your sentimental junker? Or maybe you get a new job that is totally perfect for you, but you can’t shake the feeling of sadness surrounding leaving your current dead-end workplace? Or perhaps you’ve moved to an incredible new home/town/country, but you find yourself distraught over what you left behind? If so, you are likely dealing with a form of loss… namely, Grief.
Our society reserves the term “grief” for things like death or maybe divorce, but if you need to process losing out on a promotion, adjusting to a new diagnosis, or even letting go of an illness, that certainly can’t be grief! Ahh… but it actually is. The Grief Recovery Method defines grief as, “the conflicting feelings caused by the end of or change in a familiar pattern of behavior.” Literally ANY change of pattern or behavior.
And, guess what? Two of the stages of grief are Sadness and Anger. So if you’re still pissed at an old boss or ex or sibling or if you get a pang in your heart when you see pics of a friend on FB who you are no longer connected too, it’s probable that you have some processing to do.
In this week’s show, I discuss this complex concept and how you can address areas of your life that may need a bit of unpacking. So you can be, like, happy and shit.
This pod explores:
- The myriad of ways that grief shows up and we don’t even realize it
- How to understand what is truly behind your anger and sadness
- The other names of grief you may be more comfortable with
- The five stages of grief and how to navigate them in a powerful way
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #189 – What It REALLY Means to Forgive Yourself
- POD #289 – Forgiving Others – Especially When They Don’t Deserve It
- POD #326 – 6 Ways to Deal with Grief During the Holidays
- On Grief and Grieving: Finding the Meaning of Grief Through the 5 Stages of Loss by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!