Tell me if this sounds familiar: You get all pumped up about a new love interest or an exciting new job opportunity and then BAM! All of a sudden you feel a sinking feeling in your belly and a barrage of commentary starts in your mind. What if he thinks I’m too high-maintenance? What if they think I’m under-qualified? What if her family hates me? What if they think I’m incompetent?
You know that mind vortex, amiright? This, my friend, is the lovely little dance between Fear and your Inner Critic: the hybrid of how you FEEL and what you are SAYING to yourself in your own mind. Much of the time they work very much in tandem, but there is a subtle difference.
Why does this matter? Because the more you can understand what negativity is happening in your mind and body, the more equipped you are to combat it… And overcome it. In this episode, I tease apart the differences between these two concepts and show you ways you can “catch” either one. The more you understand, the better you will be at choosing to listen to your powerful inner voice so you can actually find that soulmate or start that biz or go back and finish that degree. And feel damn good about it.
This pod explores:
- The #1 phrase you must start listening for in order to operate from a place of confidence instead of fear
- My favorite tool to distract yourself from catastrophic thinking so you can actually focus (and get) what you really want
- How to know if your Inner Critic is more of a feeling or a voice or both and what to do with each of them
- Two areas to focus on so you can jump from fearful and freaked-out to confident and courageous
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #298: 4 Steps to Silencing Your Inner Shit-Talker
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!