20 Aug The Blame Game [TJJS:EP217]
the blame game
the blame game
Ever feel like… If only my boss wasn’t such and idiot, our workplace would be so much better. Or, if only my ex wasn’t such a douchebag, then my life would be so much easier. Or, if only our economy was better, then I’d be able to take care of my finances. Or, if only my mom wasn’t so damn irritating, I’d totally be happy.
If any of this sounds familiar, congrats, you’re totally normal. We don’t consciously decide to become blamers, but it often becomes our go-to behavior when we’re unhappy with something or someone in our lives. It’s MUCH easier to stand in blame (and we’re also conditioned to do so) than it is to search for your role in the matter. So, how does one go about letting go of blame?
In this week’s episode, I look at why we tend to immediately blame others, or things outside our control, why it’s a trap and totally ineffective, and what you can actually DO about it. And, trust… Get ready to feel a shit-ton better and massively more powerful.
This pod explores:
- Our biological need to find the culprit and why we often turn to blame (often without realizing it)
- Two major consequences that occur if we choose blame over self-care
- How blame and forgiveness are related and how you can forgive and still establish boundaries
- Journal prompt Q’s for you to pin-point where you get blame-trapped
Swing by our info page or click the image to the right to check out what you can expect, what our program covers and grab your spot at this special event!
MEET ME AT THE BEACH!
TANNING, TACOS, + TRANSFORMATION CONFERENCE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- POD #148 – What it Really Means to Forgive Yourself
- “Working Tomorrow” Scene from the 1999 cult class, Office Space, starring Ron Livingston and Jennifer Aniston
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!