If you’re like most people, it can be damn-near devastating to watch someone you love dearly go through a rough and difficult time. A listener recently wrote into the show with one such dilemma as her husband has become increasing depressed after being thrown some unfortunate work/career curve-balls.
Maybe you can relate. Maybe you’ve found yourself in a sitch where your partner is straight bummed-the-fuck out about a friendship, a rocky work relationship, a health issue, or some other challenge that you deeeeesperately want to fix. Like, yesterday.
It can be incredibly counter intuitive to simply allow your partner to wade through these murky waters alone, while you sit idly by feeling massively helpless. In this episode, I discuss 5 key concepts you must keep in mind if you want to get through this rough chapter stronger and closer than ever. I’m not saying it’s easy, but there are definitely things you can do to keep your cool, support your love, and take care of the both of you through this trying time.
This pod explores:
- The absolute FIRST question you must ask your spouse if you want to be any kind of helpful (hint: it’s super easy, yet you probably haven’t done it.)
- Why you do not need to fix the problem and what to say/do instead (and trying to fix it is likely making it worse)
- How to ask for what you need and get your needs met… even if it’s not by you partner (wait, what!? yep.)
- The ridiculous notion of “not taking it personally” and how to battle the responsibility you feel
THE EVENT MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
YOU CAN SNAG ALL THE LATEST IN FREE GOODS BY CLICKING HERE.
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Information about John Gottman mentioned in this episode
- My fellow Conference Buddy, Kira Sabin, the Troop Leader of Love for The League of Adventurous Singles
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!