02 Jul How to Stop Feeling Guilty [TJJS:EP210]
Stop feeling guilty
Did you know that we experience guilt for a very specific reason? That it’s actually designed to help us? Wait, WHAT?
And, no, it’s not so you can feel like shit when your mom tells you how disappointed she is that you don’t call often enough or so you feel awful for declining an invite to a party you soooo don’t want to go to. Guilt is actually designed to alert us when we’ve done something wrong… something we aren’t proud of – NOT for when someone simply doesn’t like our choices. Oh, shit, really?
Recently a listener penned the show asking how to deal with the nagging sense of guilt and “feeling bad” that she experienced with little requests and jabs from her close friends and family members. I mean… we have all been there. So what do you do about it? If it’s not your fault, then why do you feel so shitty?
Well, that’s where I come in, Babycakes. In this episode, I break down the real-deal about Guilt – how to change what you “feel bad” about, how to identify your biggest triggers, and my absolute FAV tool for giving Guilt a nice, fatty drop-kick.
This pod explores:
- Your new go-to question to ask yourself the minute you feel guilt about something (Hint, it’ll snap you out of it reeeal quick)
- How to identify the people and scenarios that send you on an epic guilt trip so you can switch that shit up!
- A game-changing tool you can use today to take you from a guilty mess to a powerful badass
- Why you absolutely HAVE TO stop saying “But, I feel bad!” or “I feel guilty though!” and what to say instead (and, you won’t end up a heartless bitch #pinkyswear)
3 EASY WAYS TO IMMEDIATELY SILENCE YOUR INNER SHIT-TALKER
How to actually feel like “enough”… I mean, how on earth!?
How to stop your inner shit-talker dead in her tracks and have rock-solid tools to change that inner narrative (you know the one… that incessant mind chatter… UGH)
How to stop sabotaging yourself with the need to be “perfect” (yes, YOU!)
How to actually craft empowering mantras that don’t feel like a bullshit lie (It’s totally possible and I’ll show you my go-to formula!)
You in? Of course you are! Simply swing by this page or click the image above to secure your seat!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB NOW OPEN!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Pod #179 – This Just In! You Do NOT Need to Explain Yourself!
- Pod #123 – #SorryNotSorry: When You’re Sorry Someone is Hurt But You’re Not Sorry for Your Actions
- Pod #095 – How to Stop Fucking Apologizing and Over-Explaining
- After Hours Club on Facebook!
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!