06 Oct Letting Go of What Others Think [TJJS:EP319]
stop caring what everyone thinks
We grow up buying into the idea that we are responsible for everyone else’s emotions. As we move into adulthood, that often looks like NOT bringing up important topics to your spouse, overlooking offensive comments from family, or allowing coworkers to walk all over you.
Quite simply, we buy into the notion that everyone else’s thoughts, opinions, and beliefs are more important than ours. Perhaps you can relate. Perhaps you worry so much about what others may think that you’ve completely lost what matters most to YOU. Maybe you don’t even know what your opinions are because you’ve always been focused on everyone BUT yourself.
Well, my friend, it’s time to change that shit up. In this week’s episode, I share four steps you can immediately implement in order to let go of what everyone else thinks and start tapping into YOUR wants and desires for a change. And, don’t worry, you’re going to do it all with the utmost grace and kindness. #noneedtobeadick
This pod explores:
- How to tap into what you’re REALLY responsible for when it comes to making others happy
- Getting past the idea that you are “letting someone down” (yes, it’s actually possible)
- My favorite tool to feel good about your choices without being so concerned what your mom/bestie/boss will think
- Why people-pleasers are liars and how to get yourself back on the Honesty Bandwagon
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- A Year to Live: How to Live This Year as If It Were Your Last by Stephen Levine
- POD #151 – Letting Go of Blame
- POD #177 – The Joy Junkies’ Guide to Dealing with the Trump Presidency
- POD #190 – Your Go-To, Self-Sabotaging Behaviors & How to Change Them
- Brooke Castillo of The Life Coach School
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!