16 Sep 7 Ways to Stay Positive Around Negative People [TJJS:EP271]
How To Stay Positive Around Negative People
how to stay positive around negative people
You walk into work, totally optimistic about your day, and you give your co-worker a casual ‘How-ya-doin’-today?’ She responds with her usual quip about how she’s ‘alright-I-guess’ but immediately launches into complaining about her neighbor/workload/recent ailment.
Or maybe it’s every time you give your sister a ring on the phone. You ask how she’s doing. She starts off with all the problems… all the things that are shitty… or all the reason’s she’s a total victim. And you’re over here like, “Why is everyone so damn negative!?”
It can sometimes feel like it will take a sheer act of god to stay positive around negative people. It tends to be a much more difficult endeavor to get others to join your positivity movement than to simply indulge and comply with their complaints, ho-humery, or victim mentality.
So, what’s a personal development junkie to do when around such negativity? Just cut those people out entirely? But, what if they’re co-workers? I can’t just quit my job! And, what if they are The Fam? Not to worry, my love. In this episode, I discuss 7 tactics you can use to keep your sanity around Debbie/Danny Downer without feeling like an elitist asshole.
This pod explores:
- The first (and often overlooked) step you have to take to begin weeding out the non-joy-junkies
- My favorite way to “prep” for being around negative people so you can stay chill, calm, and happy
- How to “call-out” Negative Nancy/Norman without creating a huge, awkward-ass moment
- Conversation hacks and questions to use when you know you’re going to be around negative peeps
DEEP, DOWN + DIRTY VIP LIST!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
WANNA BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHEN THE NEXT DDD IS OPEN FOR REG?
OF COURSE, YOU DO!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Get on the Deep, Down + Dirty VIP list!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #121 – When Someone You Love is Always a Victim
- POD #200 – What No One Ever Taught You about Boundaries
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!