24 May SELF-FORGIVENESS: LETTING GO + MOVING BEYOND [TJJS:EP348]
Forgiveness, especially SELF-forgiveness, can be one of the most challenging concepts to grasp on the up and down road of personal development. How on earth are you supposed to forgive yourself for past mistakes? I mean… if you forgive yourself, won’t you be letting yourself off the hook? Or if you forgive yourself are you saying that it’s actually okay that you fucked up that relationship or that job? It seems much easier to simply talk mad shit to yourself than to actually entertain the concept of forgiving yourself.
And the cycle continues, right? You beat yourself up for your past and without realizing it, you pave the way for your future. What if… what if you could actually forgive yourself AND still feel remorse? Whaaaaa!!? In this episode I hash out the biggest misconceptions around self-forgiveness, how it affects your self-talk, and why it may be causing you to NOT forgive others…. Which, as you know, equals being kind of a pissy-pants most of the time.
This pod explores:
- How to understand what forgiveness really is (Hint: It doesn’t mean you would do that *thing* again)
- How to navigate the barrage of shit-talking you say to yourself for things you’ve done in your past (Like… I’ll tell you EXACTLY what to say instead)
- How to switch your focus on to who you want to be instead of who you used to be
- How your judgment of others may be calling your ass out on your own self-forgiveness
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- The Choice: Embrace the Possible, by Edith Eger
- It’s Trevor Noah: Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood (Adapted for Young Readers), by Trevor Noah
- POD #217: The Blame Game
- POD #289: Forgiving Others – Especially When They Don’t Deserve It
- POD #338: The *Real* Reasons You’re Mad + Sad, Part 1
- POD #339: The *Real* Reasons You’re Mad + Sad, Part 2
- POD #345: Self-blame: Always Assuming It Must Be Your Fault
- Not Another Self-Help Podcast
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!