20 Sep Self-Acceptance: Loving Who You Are When You Don’t Love Your Circumstance [TJJS:EP362]
Let me ask you a question. What does “self-acceptance” mean to you? If you’re like many people, you may think that if you accept yourself as is, that must mean that you will become complacent and all of a sudden not want to accomplish any goals. If you accept yourself at this weight, does that mean you won’t try to tone up and get into those skinnies? If you accept yourself and you’re not in a job that lights you up, does that mean you’ll resign yourself to die in that damn cubicle?
If any of those thought patterns sound familiar, you are certainly not alone. Many people think that if you choose to love and accept yourself NOW, then you are also accepting complacency and stagnation. In this episode, I debunk this myth and look at how loving and accepting yourself can actually catapult you into action… not only accomplishing goals and dreams, but also having a damn good time on the journey.
If you often say, “I’ll be happy as soon as I lose this last 10 lbs.” or have only motivated yourself through being a big ‘ol bitch to yourself, you need to have a listen and start crafting a different way.
This pod explores:
- Why you need to separate how you feel about yourself from the goals you want to achieve
- How to figure out if you’ve been motivating yourself with self-hate and negative messaging (and, yes, I get it, this does get you into action… it just feels like shit)
- The main thing that HAS TO happen if you’re serious about accepting yourself (and how it relates to cults… I shit you not)
- How to change your relationship to “self-acceptance” by acknowledging your biggest triggers
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- Anti-Racism Education Series – I am planning on creating a special series with anti-racism activists and leaders to better educate our community on steps we can take in order to be better and do better. Let me know where you have been feeling stuck, what knowledge you are hungry for, and what topics you are interested in.
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!