Have you ever felt anger boiling up inside of you but instead of processing it, you drink a bit too much, throw yourself into your work, try to “mantra” it away, or ignore it altogether? Or how about situations of extreme sadness? Tell yourself, “You have nothing to be sad about. Stop being so dramatic. Other people have it so much worse than you.”
If you have ever found yourself feeling down in the dumps or super pissed, but ended up concluding that you “just need a drink” or decide to chant a positive mantra like “This too, shall pass” instead of actually dealing with said emotion, you are certainly not alone. Our culture does not, by a long shot, promote processing and dealing with emotions. We are taught to run from them and “sweep them under the rug” or “buck up, Buttercup”.
Last week I dug into the true source of sadness and anger… Grief. And, I know that sounds super dramatic, right!? I mean… you aren’t dealing with a death or anything. So, it couldn’t be grief. If that word seems tough to swallow, think of it as “processing”. It’s like you still have something to Process.
In this episode, I dig into our capacity for emotional intelligence, how you can create a shit-ton of relief and healing in your life if you simply acknowledge what you’re feeling, and what it actually looks like to really do that.
This pod explores:
- The number one thing you need to know about dealing with emotions in a powerful way (and it goes against everything you’ve been taught… fair warning)
- What it really looks like to “sit with” an emotion (and no, you don’t have to be all vulnerable with a stranger)
- A litany of ways you can process your anger and sadness (without losing your mind) so you can get back to feeling happy and peaceful
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #189 – What It REALLY Means to Forgive Yourself
- POD #289 – Forgiving Others – Especially When They Don’t Deserve It
- POD #326 – 6 Ways to Deal with Grief During the Holidays
- On Grief and Grieving: Finding the Meaning of Grief Through the 5 Stages of Loss by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!