09 Jun HOW TO MAKE TOUGH DECISIONS [TJJS:EP303]
How To Make Tough Decisions
You have a big decision to make. Maybe it’s about a new job. Or if you should move across the country. Maybe ending a relationship… or starting one. And, you are totally fucking confused. Your head is spinning around in The Land of What Ifs. What if you don’t make the right choice? What if you regret it? What will your mom say?
I mean… how does one just make tough decisions? Write out a pros and cons list? Ask your besties what you should do? Then, why don’t any of those things help you feel solid and confident in your choice? Why are you still unsure and anxious?
Well, first off, you are soooo not alone. No one teaches us how to make powerful choices rooted in our own fulfillment. We’re taught to check off lists and fit into boxes and craft a life that complies. And what no one ever tells you is that often leads to massive disappointment. Let’s flip that script, shall we?
In this episode, I cover off five major concepts you MUST employ to make powerful decisions (so you don’t end up super consumed with what your family will think or being mowed over by guilt or regret).
This pod explores:
- The absolute FIRST question you must ask yourself before venturing into the decision-making process (this makes every choice waaaaaay easier!)
- The one emotion you MUST acknowledge in order to make strong and confident choices
- How to know if you are scared because you’re making the right decision or because you’re making the wrong one
- The people’s opinions you should care about and the people you need to leave out of it (this may surprise you!)
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- Top 5 Regrets of the Dying by Bronnie Ware
- Elizabeth Gilbert and her thoughts on fear – Discussed in her latest book, Big Magic and also on her podcast Magic Lessons
- Concept of “Shackles On, Shackles Off” by Martha Beck in her book, Steering by Starlight
- Invisibilia episode mentioned – Scroll to episode named “Fearless”, published on January 15th, 2015. You can also find the NPR podcast, Invisibilia, on iTunes or on your favorite podcast app
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!