11 Mar Why Love Is Not All You Need [TJJS:EP244]
love is not all you need
We’ve all heard the popular phrase and song lyric, “All you need is love”, but how factual is this statement really? Not very. A romantic idea? For sure. But factual? I find that many people falsely assume that if they are in love with someone, then everything else should come really easily. Um… No.
In this episode, I dig into why being soul-mates or being madly in love with each other doesn’t always equal relationship success. Along with input from Mr. Smith, I delve into why emotions of “love” can lock us into blindness and cause relationship turmoil.
So what DO you need to keep a relationship thriving, happy, and healthy? I’m so very glad you asked, Buttercup. In this episode, I share five necessary components, other than love, that ensure success in intimate partnerships. Plus, these five components are all about shifts in focus, not massive time investments, so you pretty much have no excuse NOT to make your relationship totally badass. #yourewelcome
This pod explores:
- How love is “blind” and why some soul-mates are toxic for one another
- What it truly means to respect your partner and be respected in return
- How to maintain your relationship on a daily basis
- Why you don’t always have to “grow together”
- Simple ways to employ “niceties” and kindness in your relationship
YOU ON THE RELATIONSHIP COURSE VIP LIST YET?
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome#
Be the FIRST to hear about the extra discounts, bonuses, and secret offers!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- GET ON THE VIP LIST for the brand-new relationship course coming in April!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #152 – Why ‘Hope’ is a Four-Letter Word
- POD #243 – 5 Relationship Mistakes You Don’t Know You’re Making
- “Dirty Dan the Garbage Man” Clip from SNL’s 2004 sketch featuring Jimmy Fallon and Ben Affleck
- “I believe in science” clip from the 2006 cult classic, Nacho Libre, starring Jack Black and Héctor Jiménez
- Former President Barack Obama addresses politicians and critics for “popping off” during a press conference for the G20 Summit in Turkey
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!