23 Feb 6 Lies You May Not Realize You’re Telling + What to Say Instead [TJJS:EP336]
lies you may not realize you’re telling
We all want to consider ourselves honest people, but when it comes down to it, we spend quite a bit of time avoiding, fibbing, and sugar-coating our true thoughts and feelings out of fear of what others may think or say. Don’t get me wrong-I don’t think for one minute you’re intentionally lying to everyone (or to yourself), but more often than not, you’ve bought into the fallacy that you must take care of everyone’s response which may leave you less than truthful.
The first item of business is shining a light on where you may be skipping the truth in order to “not rock the boat”, “open a can of worms”, or whatever other bullshit is keeping you silent. In this episode, I look at six super common ways we tend to lie our faces off… both to others and to ourselves and um… you likely have noooo idea you’re even doing it. If you struggle with how to speak up for yourself and often tell a little fib instead, you’ll want to tune in. Have a little listen and see if there is room for you to be a bit more honest.
This pod explores:
- Why we tend to lie when people request things of us (I mean, you just could never let them down!!!)
- Why saying “nothing’s wrong” is like saying “what I’m feeling doesn’t matter” and what to say instead
- How you have been lying to yourself about your worthiness and how to switch it up
- My favorite tool to identify just how much power you really have
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #227: How to Say “No” to People
- POD #335: True or False: People-Pleasing Edition
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!