19 Jan Letting Go of Comparing Yourself to Others [TJJS:EP331]
letting go of comparing yourself to others
Ever find yourself cruisin’ through Facebook, just minding your own business, and then BOOM! You see someone who is thinner than you posing in her bikini in her exotically sexy, annoying vaca pics and you instantly start comparing yourself to her. Or maybe it’s that one guy you used to work with sharing about his amazing work promotion for his new, totally awesome company, and your mind starts GOING OFF about how you just aren’t smart enough… not good enough… not accomplished enough. Just. Not. Enough.
Maybe it’s not even Facebook or Insta… although they can be BEASTS in the whole comparison thing. Maybe it’s your co-worker, your neighbor, your bestie, or even your spouse that you constantly compare yourself to. And it usually ends the same way… with you CONVINCED that you totally suck. How do I know? Oh, honey, because I have soooo been there. And you are certainly not alone.
In this week’s episode, I share four ways you can change how you address the comparison trap which will allow you to actually enjoy stalking out your nephew’s hilarious pics on Facebook instead of plummeting into self-hate.
This pod explores:
- How to catch yourself when you start “making up” what other people’s successes mean about you
- How to get to the root of what triggers you
- How to be sure you are setting yourself up for success by hanging out with the right peeps
- How to switch your focus so you feel empowered instead of feeling like shit
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #310 – 6 Steps to Dealing with Imposter Complex
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear, by Elizabeth Gilbert
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!