16 Aug 5 Ways To Let Go Of Blame [TJJS:EP358]
let go of blame
Ever feel like… If only my boss wasn’t such an idiot, our workplace would be so much better. Or, if only my ex wasn’t such a douchebag, then my life would be so much easier. Or, if only our economy was better, then I’d be able to take care of my finances. Or, if only my mom wasn’t so damn irritating, I’d totally be happy.
If any of this sounds familiar, congrats, you’re totally normal. We don’t consciously decide to become blamers, but it often becomes our go-to behavior when we’re unhappy with something or someone in our lives. It’s MUCH easier to stand in blame (and we’re also conditioned to do so) than it is to search for your role in the matter. So, how does one go about letting go of blame?
In this week’s episode, I look at why we tend to immediately blame others, or things outside our control, why it’s a trap and totally ineffective, and what you can actually DO about it. And, trust… Get ready to feel a shit-ton better and massively more powerful.
This pod explores:
- Our biological need to find the culprit and why we often turn to blame (often without realizing it)
- Two major consequences that occur if we choose blame over self-care
- How blame and forgiveness are related and how you can forgive and still establish boundaries
- Journal prompt Q’s for you to pinpoint where you get blame-trapped
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- Anti-Racism Education Series – I am planning on creating a special series with anti-racism activists and leaders to better educate our community on steps we can take in order to be better and do better. Let me know where you have been feeling stuck, what knowledge you are hungry for, and what topics you are interested in.
- POD #249: Forgiving Others, Especially When They Don’t Deserve It
- POD #337: 5 Ways to Figure Out Your Boundaries
- POD #345: Self-Blame: Always Assuming It Must Be Your Fault
- POD #356: Understanding Emotional Intelligence – Connecting What You Feel With What You Do
- Dr. Tee William’s Foundations of Social Justice
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!