26 Jul Coping with Loneliness + Lack of Motivation During Quarantine [TJJS:EP355]
lack of motivation during quarantine
I don’t know ANYONE who is thriving right now. Seriously a n y o n e
Shit is beyond crazy. Like many of us may not see again in our lifetime.
If you have been trying to operate like “business as usual” you probably need to knock that shit off.
It is NOT business as usual. ⠀
Nothing is business as usual. Nothing.⠀
We are dealing with copious amounts of stress, massive civil unrest, loss of personal freedom, loss of safety, extreme changes in our work/financial/child-rearing/social lives, grappling with our white supremacy, and overall grieving our mutha-fuckin’ asses off. Not to mention this isolation has us lonely AF.
And if you tend to like to control things, well, it’s likely that you’ve been having one hellova time.
And what does all that grief and loneliness lead to?
You guessed it… a severe lack of motivation.
It’s time to stop acting like it’s business as usual. ⠀
Give yourself extra time. ⠀
Extra grace. ⠀
Loosen up on those expectations.⠀
Settle into some serious self-care. And sometimes that looks like journalling or talking to a therapist and sometimes it looks like ice cream and a Netflix binge. ⠀
Now is NOT the time to judge yourself. ⠀
You are doing the best you can.⠀
And that looks different than 6 months ago. ⠀
We’re going to get through this. ⠀
But right now… right now is the time for some serious-ass grace.
This week’s episode digs into this concept much deeper as I explore six key components you need to be aware of if you’ve been seriously unmotivated or lonely during quarantine.
This pod explores:
- Understanding our biological needs for connection and how that is contributing to depression, sadness, and severe lack of motivation
- How our goals need to shift and change to feel powerful during this time
- Understanding how our sympathetic nervous system is fried and continuing to push can lead to serious illness
- My easy-to-implement tips to usher in serious self-care, rest, and ease during this effed-up time
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- Anti-Racism Education Series – I am planning on creating a special series with anti-racism activists and leaders to better educate our community on steps we can take in order to be better and do better. Let me know where you have been feeling stuck, what knowledge you are hungry for, and what topics you are interested in.
- Is Chronic Loneliness Real?
- POD #288 – Dealing with Loneliness
- POD #338 – The *Real* Reasons You’re Mad + Sad, Part 1
- POD #339 – The *Real* Reasons You’re Mad + Sad, Part 2
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!