10 Jan Knowing When to Break the Rules [TJJS:EP376]
when to break the rules
Hands up if you’re a chronic rule follower! (Same, girl. Same) How ‘bout rule breaker? (Ooooo, you rebel, you!) It’s likely that wherever you fall on the rule breaking spectrum, constantly breaking or never breaking rules doesn’t always serve you.
For example, Mr. Smith used to looooove to break the rules of the road. Drive in the carpool lane. Park in the red zone. You name it. But, he paid for it dearly. Financially and maritally. He has a natural inclination to break the rules. I, however, am on the opposite ends of the spectrum. I am overly punctilious and have found that NOT breaking the rules has cost me dearly in the past.
So, how do we know when we need to break the rules and when we need to fall in line? Is there a set guideline? And, what if the rules are imposed on us by religion, society, or government? And, how does that differ from our self-imposed rules? Like, I-can’t-have-anyone-over-to-my-house-unless-it’s-spotless kind of rules?
In this episode, I explore what it looks like to break the rules consciously versus unconsciously, how to acknowledge the healthiest choice for yourself in each situation, and how to examine if you concur with the origin of the rule. Get ready to push some limits. Or not.
This pod explores:
- My favorite tool to help you make a powerful decision, even if others don’t agree
- The major way you may be making excuses, breaking rules, and harming yourself in the process
- How to know when rule-following or rule-breaking is causing you more grief than happiness
- Examining the long-term effects of following rules or breaking rules
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies.
- POD #208: Dealing with Control Issues
- POD #293: 4 Ways Perfectionism is Stealing Your Joy
- POD #265: Who’s Talking? My Inner Critic? Or My Intuition? How to Tell the Difference?
- POD #316: 9 Communication Hacks to Control Your Tone of Voice + Not “Fly” Off the Handle
- POD #335: True or False: People-Pleasing Edition
- When It’s Okay to Break the Rules
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!