23 Sep How To Trust Others (When You Totally Don’t Trust Others) [TJJS:EP272]
How To Trust Others
how to trust others
This week’s episode comes to you courtesy of a listener submission asking how to cultivate trust in relationships when one has created a reality of building up walls and allowing very few people “in”. Sound familiar?
Learning to trust? Sure. I’ll get right on that.
Maybe you can relate. Maybe people say nice things to you and you always question their motives. Maybe you have a tendency to distrust your partner because your ex was an asshole. Maybe you have a hard time making new friends because deep down you’re worried about being judged or abandoned like your parents did to you in your youth. If any of that sounds eerily familiar, babe, you are certainly in good company.
This week, I look at 6, specific [baby] steps you can take in order to alter your relationship to trust without, you know, feeling super unsafe and freaking-the-fuck-out. Believe it or not, you may actually have a ton of evidence around you that people can be trusted… you just haven’t been looking for that “proof”. Have a listen and learn how to know who to trust, what that actually looks like, and what sweet connection awaits you when you do.
This pod explores:
- Why you need to stop saying “I have trust issues”
- How to forgive those who have caused you to distrust, even though you’re still pissed at them
- How to gather evidence of the trustworthiness all around you
- The #1 phrase to listen for that your inner shit-talker will surely start using on you as you begin this process
DEEP, DOWN + DIRTY VIP LIST!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
WANNA BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHEN THE NEXT DDD IS OPEN FOR REG?
OF COURSE, YOU DO!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Get on the Deep, Down + Dirty VIP list!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #148 – What it REALLY Means to Forgive Yourself
- POD #151 – Letting Go of Blame
- Home Depot Scene from the absolutely #epic cult classic, Old School starring Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, and Luke Wilson
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!