23 Aug Necessary Rest: What It Means To Truly Restore [TJJS:EP359]
how to truly rest
So… you know you need some downtime. You need some time to rest and recharge, but every time you do, that naggy, little voice in your head keeps hounding you about how lazy you are and all the things you should be accomplishing with your time. Or maybe you finally take some time to rest but your mind keeps spinning with all the things you need to accomplish and you find your “rest” is simply more time for you to ruminate on shit that stresses you out.
Sounds familiar, right? Listen, we live in a society that glorifies productivity, busyness, and accomplishment, so it’s no wonder that taking a break seems like a luxury and not a necessity. Unfortunately, our bodies aren’t wired to be such a constant state of stress and it’s likely that you’ve seen the effects of lack of rest somewhere in your life: zero energy, exhaustion, not being present with those you love, less sexual connection/desire, reaching for unhealthy vices, and perhaps even disease or other physical ailments.
So what the hell do we do about it? In this episode, I look at the common stigmas around rest, how to tap into what is truly restorative for you, and what exactly your brand of “rest and recharging” looks like. Get ready for a deep sense of relief. #yourewelcome
This pod explores:
- The common places we totally sabotage our own rest (aka Not really resting)
- How to examine the places you tend to bulldoze over your relaxation with to-dos, obsessive thoughts, and the never-ending “shoulds”… even during “downtime”
- How to figure out exactly what needs attention in your life to create reprieve and what simple actions you can take to get some rejuvenation already
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- Anti-Racism Education Series – I am planning on creating a special series with anti-racism activists and leaders to better educate our community on steps we can take in order to be better and do better. Let me know where you have been feeling stuck, what knowledge you are hungry for, and what topics you are interested in.
- POD #274: 5 Reasons Why ‘Selfish’ is the New Black
- POD #344: What Self-Care *Really* Means
- POD #356: Understanding Emotional Intelligence – Connecting What You Feel With What You Do
- Dr. Tee William’s Foundations of Social Justice
- Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle, Emily Nogoski, Ph.D. and Amelia Nojoski DMA
- Come As You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Self Life, Emily Nogoski, Ph.D.
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!