15 Apr How To Stop Putting Everyone Before Yourself (Without Being An Asshole) [TJJS:EP249]
Stop Putting Everyone Before Yourself
stop putting everyone before yourself
If it’s not your kids who need something from you, then it’s your boss. If it’s not your boss, then it’s your partner. If it’s not your partner, it’s your neighbor… or your sister or bestie or whoever else. And here you are in a cycle of being a yes-man/woman, constantly putting everyone in front of yourself and doing, doing, doing for everyone else, leaving you empty AF. Not to mention exhausted. And HELLO, Irritability!
If you’ve found yourself in this cycle, let me just say that you are soooo not alone. Our society is constantly telling us that we need to do and be everything for everyone and that faulty cycle is damn-near always a recipe for burnout, exhaustion, and overall unhappiness.
But, help is on the way. In this episode, I cover off six specific tactics you can use to start making yourself important again. And, don’t worry, you’re not going to all of a sudden “let everyone down” and be wracked with guilt. Have a listen and learn simple steps you can take TODAY to start making yourself a priority and, spoiler alert, you’ll actually be a way better person/sibling/parent/colleague/friend because of it.
This pod explores:
- How your perspective around self-care may be costing you your happiness
- How to use your voice in small ways that will dramatically increase your self-worth
- One of my favorite tools for speaking up without “opening a can of worms”
- Your number one source of support that you are likely overlooking
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab my FREE eWorkbook: Stand Up for Yourself Without Being a Dick
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- Pod #98: 4 Reasons Why Selfish is the New Black
- Pod #227 – “No”vember: How to Say “No” (and Not Feel Guilty)
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!