14 Jul 4 Ways We Make Up Bullshit Stories + What To Do About It [TJJS:307]
how to stop making up stories
Have you ever replayed a conversation with someone over and over again in your mind, completely making up what the other person was thinking/feeling/intending? Or how ’bout this one… ever obsessively worry about something day and night until this *thing* comes to fruition, and NOTHING even remotely close to what you were worrying about actually happens? Or have you ever said something like, “I’m just such a perfectionist” or “I can’t tell my husband that!!”
If any of those scenarios seem eerily familiar, you will want to catch this week’s pod where we’re discussing all things Stories We Make Up. As in, all the ways in which we get locked into a specific story which inevitably keeps us small, stuck, and stressed-the-fuck out. Things like thinking you HAVE to do something… The story being “I don’t have any choice in the matter”. Or making up a whole story about what your mom meant/thought/felt when she made that one comment last week.
We are wildly imaginative beings and sometimes, we give our hyperbolic and fictional stories far more credit that they deserve. Have a listen and start attaching yourself to EMPOWERING stories that have you lit up and taking charge like a total badass.
This pod explores:
- How worrying is essentially like praying for shit you DON’T want to happen
- How the way you refer to yourself may be massively holding you back… from amazing opportunities and ultimately, from your happiness
- How to let go of the mind spiral when you are CERTAIN you’ve summed up what someone else is thinking or feeling
- Specific phrases you need to keep an ear out for to be sure you aren’t totally self sabotaging (and not even realizing it!)
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #102 – Confessions of a Life Coach with Anxiety Disorder
- POD #224 – Dealing with Anxiety, Panic Attacks, and Medication
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!