Have you ever replayed a conversation with someone over and over again in your mind, completely making up what the other person was thinking/feeling/intending? Or how ’bout this one… ever obsessively worry about something day and night until this *thing* comes to fruition, and NOTHING even remotely close to what you were worrying about actually happens? Or have you ever said something like, “I’m just such a perfectionist” or “I can’t tell my husband that!!”
If any of those scenarios seem eerily familiar, you will want to catch this week’s pod where we’re discussing all things Stories We Make Up. As in, all the ways in which we get locked into a specific story which inevitably keeps us small, stuck, and stressed-the-fuck out. Things like thinking you HAVE to do something… The story being “I don’t have any choice in the matter”. Or making up a whole story about what your mom meant/thought/felt when she made that one comment last week.
We are wildly imaginative beings and sometimes, we give our hyperbolic and fictional stories far more credit that they deserve. Have a listen and start attaching yourself to EMPOWERING stories that have you lit up and taking charge like a total badass.
This pod explores:
- How worrying is essentially like praying for shit you DON’T want to happen
- How the way you refer to yourself may be massively holding you back… from amazing opportunities and ultimately, from your happiness
- How to let go of the mind spiral when you are CERTAIN you’ve summed up what someone else is thinking or feeling
- Specific phrases you need to keep an ear out for to be sure you aren’t totally self sabotaging (and not even realizing it!)
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #102 – Confessions of a Life Coach with Anxiety Disorder
- POD #224 – Dealing with Anxiety, Panic Attacks, and Medication
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!