17 May How to Stop Apologizing + Over-Explaining [TJJS:EP347]
how to stop apologizing
If you’ve hung out with me for a while, you know that I’ve spoken often about NOT apologizing for yourself in regards to your wants, opinions, needs, and desires… As long as you express those wants, opinions, needs, and desires with grace + kindness. Through my work, and talking on this subject frequently, I’ve realized that there is a slippery way we apologize for ourselves through over-explaining.
Perhaps you can identify with this idea. I mean… the last time you were unable to make it to an event, did you simply decline or did you give a lengthy explanation why you couldn’t make it? Or how ’bout over-explaining a decision you’ve made… like, not wanting kids or opting to be vegan or moving across the country or getting tattooed. Are you comfortable just stating that or do you feel the need to explain WHY you made those choices?
Listen, there are certainly going to be those people in your life who you love having convos with about the various choices you’ve made. And then… And then, there are aaaaall those other instances where you really don’t want to get sucked into the 3rd degree about why you aren’t married yet. Amiright? In this episode, I’ll help you sort through where you tend to get sucked into the over-explaining trap, how to know if you really want to engage in the convo, and how to find some serious confidence in your choices, opinions, and stances.
This pod explores:
- How to identify where you tend to over-explain yourself (what triggers you)
- How to know when you actually do want to explain where you’re coming from, what choices you’ve made, or opinions you hold dear
- How to get out of answering questions you don’t have any interest in answering… without being an asshole about it
- The most common way people tend to over-explain themselves when it’s absolutely not necessary
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #123 – #SorryNotSorry: When You’re Sorry Someone is Hurt, but Not Sorry for Your Actions
- Not Another Self-Help Podcast: EP #015: Pom-Pom Pubes, Resting Frown Face, and Imposter Syndrome
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!