17 Mar Mailbag 7.0: Boundary Edition – Speaking Up When You’re Offended + Ending Toxic Relationships [TJJS:EP292]
How To Speak Up When You’re Offended
how to speak up when you’re offended
Ever have that experience where you realize aaaaaall the things you wish you would have said in a conversation earlier in the day? Or even a week ago? Like, maybe you were offended by something a co-worker said, but you chose to let it slide, and now, upon reflection, you’re totally beating yourself up for not saying something in the moment. I mean… you know you should have spoken up, but what do you do about it now? Just feel like shit about yourself? Um, no.
Recently a listener reached out the show expressing her challenge with this specific issue. She was curious if there were any ways she could catch herself in the moment instead of dealing with “delayed regret”. Turns out, there are a number of things you can do, which I dig into on this week’s episode.
Additionally, another listener posed a question about how to have the tough convo with a family member you’ve deemed too toxic and abusive to stay connected to. Do you just say, “Hey, you’re a bit too abusive and toxic, so I’m out.”? Not exactly. But, not to fear, in this week’s mailbag episode, I share my favorite tips and tools for handling these tricky boundaries and how to speak up in a way that kicks the guilt to the curb and leaves you feeling confident and proud AF.
This pod explores:
- How to start speaking up even if you’re terrified and your track record isn’t stellar
- My favorite way to “catch yourself in the moment” so you can speak up when it really matters
- How to know if you need to kick someone to the curb or if you actually need to have a heartfelt conversation instead (You may be surprised at my answer!)
- Three steps to establishing boundaries that will have you speaking up in no time!
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #156 – How-the-Hell to Speak Up for Yourself with Your Family
- POD #200 – What No One Ever Taught You About Boundaries
- POD #227 – How to Say “No” and Not Feel Guilty
- POD #250 – Tough Convos 101
- POD #281 – How to Stop Feeling Guilty
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!