05 Nov “NO”vember: HOW TO SAY “NO” (AND NOT FEEL GUILTY) [TJJS: EP227]
How to Say No and Not Feel Guilty
how to say no and not feel guilty
Ever feel like if you speak up for yourself and tell someone “No” to something they are requesting of you or decline an invite (even to obligatory family functions… GASP!) then you are totally being an asshole? Or being super mean? JUST because you’re saying “No”? If this is your belief, you are sooooo not alone. I can’t tell you how many times people tell me that if they say “No” to someone they assume they are totally responsible for the other person’s feelings.
What if that actually wasn’t true? What if saying “No” could be done with the utmost kindness and grace? What if saying “No” had nothing to do with the other person and only meant you were taking care of YOU? Well, guess what? It can. And, in this week’s pod, I’m challenging the listeners (YOU!) to not only take a stand and start saying “No” to the shit that no longer serves you, but also to change your entire mentality about what you’ve made this whole concept “mean’ until now. What if you could start saying “No” and totally lose the routine guilt trip? Yes, please! Tune in and I’ll show you how! Plus, there’s a totally free worksheet to accompany this episode! #winning
This pod explores:
- What’s really happening when you say “Yes” to everyone else (besides yourself)
- Why you actually mean “I won’t” when you say “I can’t”
- Exactly HOW to say “No”… without being an ass
- How gratitude can get you out of almost every situation
DEEP, DOWN + DIRTY: THE TRIBE INTEREST LIST!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
WANNA BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHEN THE NEXT TRIBE IS OPEN FOR REG?
OF COURSE, YOU DO!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!