07 Jul The Top 5 Regrets Of The Dying + How To Live A Regret-free Life [TJJS:EP306]
Top 5 Regrets of the Dying
In 2009, Bronnie Ware broke the internet (yes, before Kim K.) with her riveting blog post, The Top 5 Regrets of the Dying, chronicling her time as a palliative care nurse. Due to the instant popularity, because um… it HIT HOME for so many people, Ware published her first book of the same name in 2012. Perhaps you have seen the meme floating around Facebook or Insta and maybe you even gave it a little thumbs-up or a double tap and went on your merrily, scrolling way.
Isn’t this what we do with good ideas these days? We simply give it a nod, and then jump back into our routine of people-pleasing, over-working, or numbing out so we don’t have to, you know… actually FEEL what we’re going through. I’m certainly not talking shit, because #trust I have been there, but I think standing back and looking at the grand scheme of our lives can make your boss’s demands seem a bit trivial or your family drama super unnecessary.
This pod is about getting down to fucking business. No more wishing for the life you want; It’s time to create it. It’s about living a life free from regrets. Starting now. In this show, I unpack Ware’s Top 5 so you don’t arrive on your deathbed thinking, Damn, I wish I would have said ‘I love you’ more, or I wish I cared more about my happiness than I did about making my mother-in-law like me. This pod may sound a bit more like a sermon than normal, because you know what, Love? It’s a matter of life and death.
This pod explores:
- How to figure out if the goals you’re working toward are really about your happiness (Or about clout, praise, or someone else’s expectations)
- How to figure out *who* in your life you should be investing your time in and when to say #byefelicia
- How to figure out if your J.O.B. is stealing your life force. Like, for reals.
- The #1 regret of the dying and how to make sure this isn’t your statistic
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- Bronnie Ware and her book The Top 5 Regrets of the Dying
- POD #112 – 5 Steps to Finding Dope-Ass Friendships
- POD #213 – 6 Things You Must Address to Live a Happy Life
- POD #235 – How to Stop Caring Sooooo Much What Others Think
- POD #287 – Breaking Free From a Shitty Job
- POD #301 – Combatting Approval Addiction: Needing to Be Liked at All Costs
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!