24 Jun How to Gracefully Accept Criticism [TJJS:EP259]
How To Gracefully Accept Criticism
how to gracefully accept criticism
So, your partner gives you a little nudge that *maybe* you could do something a bit differently and you Totally. Fly. Off. The. Handle. Or maybe your bestie gently suggests that you may want to try to actually DO something about the shit-job you are always complaining about and you completely chew him out. If you have a hard time with feedback (uh-hem, criticism), you are certainly not alone, my friend.
In fact, we are actually wired to defend ourselves if we feel attacked, so OF COURSE your knee-jerk reaction is to spout of reciprocal accusations and cast blame in the opposite direction. Listen, I’m not saying that your partner or your bestie is always in the right, but what I am saying is that it would likely serve you to dig a bit deeper and call yourself out on your shit.
How? I’m so glad you asked. In this week’s episode, I discuss what to look for when experiencing criticism from others, how to know if there is any validity, and what to do if you’ve accidentally made an ass of yourself. Not that I would know anything about that… [she says snidely].
This pod explores:
- How to know if you actually need to even listen to this criticism or not (And, yes, there are times when you can straight-up ignore the critic)
- Three tactics you can employ in the moment when you are about to unleash a beast on someone giving you a bit of feedback
- How to go about cleaning up your mess if you’ve been a bit of a Snarky Snark
- How to request what you need from the person sharing their feedback/criticism with you
DEEP, DOWN + DIRTY VIP LIST!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
WANNA BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHEN THE NEXT DDD IS OPEN FOR REG?
OF COURSE, YOU DO!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
THIS WEEK’S POD SPONSOR:
Check out www.FABFITFUN.com and use the code junkie so you can save $10 off your first box, making it only $39.99!! Treat yourself! #fabfitfunpartner
- Get on the Deep, Down + Dirty VIP list!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- Check out Relationship Rx – A seriously BADASS Communication Course for Couples
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!