27 Jan I NEED CLOSURE! How to Stop Waiting for Closure + Start Creating Your Own [TJJS:EP286]
How To Get Closure
how to get closure
Ever find yourself attached to the idea that you really need closure for something you’ve experienced? Maybe you have a friend who ghosted you and you’re left wondering what-the-hell happened. Maybe you are plagued by needing to know the real reason you were let go from the job. Or maybe you are still waiting on an apology from a family member… or an ex.
Our brain naturally wants a conclusion to the stories of our life, so if you feel like you’ve been left hanging, it can feel damn-near impossible to “move on” unless you get the closure you are craving. What we often don’t realize is that placing so much emphasis on the other person actually renders us powerless. Think about it… we’re essentially saying “I can only be happy and move on if this other person magically gives me what I want.” That’s a shit ton of power to give away, my love.
Here’s the great news: There are actually plenty of things you can do, like today, to cultivate your own element of closure. This episode will walk you through five ways you can change your notion about what you need to move on, harness your personal power, and get on with your badass life already!
This pod explores:
- How to nail down the real reason you’re holding on
- Figuring out exactly what you need to DO to feel at peace closing this chapter
- The one thing you are probably avoiding that will catapult your healing like you wouldn’t believe
- How to create your own closure ritual… because, you know… PERSONAL POWER
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #148 – What it Really Means to Forgive Yourself (principles can apply to forgiving others)
- POD #100 – Grief: Why You Don’t Allow It + Why You Need to Start
- POD #280 – 6 Ways to Deal with Grief During the Holidays (principles apply whether during holiday season or not)
- POD #217 – The Blame Game
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!