05 Jul 6 Ways Strong Self-Worth Affects Your Relationships [TJJS:Ep353]
how self-worth affects your relationships
Recently, in one of my classes, the topic came up about how our relationships start to change as we get further and further into personal development. Sometimes you come up against some opposition from a handful of peeps in your life who don’t really love the “new, empowered you”… The “you” who is setting boundaries. The “you” who is standing up for themselves.
But… something we haven’t talked about as much on the pod is the multitude of other ways that your relationships start to change as you begin to grow and take a stand for yourself. When you start to actually believe that you’re “enough”. And, often, when you’re in the painful, murky waters of looking at all your shit, you just want to know that something good is going to be on the other side. I mean… tell me that I will love my life even if I’m setting all these boundaries… it won’t always be this hard, right? RIGHT!?
So, this week, I thought I would dig into 6 ways that a strong sense of self-worth radically impacts your relationships For. The. Better. So, you can look at this journey through the lens of what you’re gaining instead of what feels painful. Have a listen and change your perspective on this roller coaster we call Personal Growth.
This pod explores:
- How valuing yourself changes how you address what you need in a given relationship
- How worthiness changes how much you blame others (like, if only my mom wasn’t such a nag… )
- How strong self-worth changes the sorts of relationships you are willing to tolerate
- The absolute BEST side effect of cultivating your worth and self-love (Hint: It involves other badasses)
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- Anti-Racism Education Series – I am planning on creating a special series with anti-racism activists and leaders to better educate our community on steps we can take in order to be better and do better. Let me know where you have been feeling stuck, what knowledge you are hungry for, and what topics you are interested in.
- POD# 217 – The Blame Game 217
- POD #295 – When Self-help Goes Wrong + What To Do About It
- POD #350 – Being Better, Doing Better: Addressing Whiteness + Anti-racism
- POD# 337 – 5 Ways To Figure Out Your Boundaries
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!