15 Sep 9 Communication Hacks to Control Your Tone of Voice + *NOT* Fly Off the Handle [TJJS:EP316]
Ever feel like you’re expressing yourself like a #boss and the other person is like, “Why are you yelling? Please don’t scream at me.” And then you’re all, “Whaaaa?! I’M NOT SCREAMING!” Or have you ever addressed something with your partner/bestie/co-worker and they told you your tone was a bit harsh? Um. Yeah. Me too.
Recently, a listener reached out to the show and asked how she could better control her voice when talking about serious issues with her husband. Often we think we are being crystal-fucking-clear about WHAT we are saying to another person, but in the passion of our emotions, we often lose sight of HOW we are expressing our thoughts.
In this episode, I spill nine, super-easy-to-implement communication hacks you can use to control your tone, not lose your ever-lovin’ mind, and communicate in a way that gets your point across and your needs met. Boom. Just like that.
This pod explores:
- My favorite body-related, go-to tactics to use in the middle of a heated conversation
- How to develop a “code word” or “phrase” to signal the convo is going off the rails
- What to do if you actually DO lose your shit and need to clean up your mess
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #304 – Dealing with Confrontation (When You Hate Confrontation)
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!