25 Oct 7 Ways to Get Your Needs Met [TJJS:EP366]
getting your needs met
If you’re a living, breathing human, it’s likely that you’ve found yourself disgruntled over something your partner is/isn’t doing, something you wish your boss would STOP already, or something you wished your bestie would do/say/be for you. Most of the time, we register how frustrated we are with another party, but we forget to move past that irritation to look at what we can do to get our needs met. I mean… it’s so much easier to just blame, amiright!?
Maybe you need to ask your partner to step up financially. Maybe you need your boss to add another member to your team. Maybe you need some support from your sister. But, shit that seems hard. So you just complain and hold it in until it erupts like a god-damned volcano. And, then the relationship gets worse.
So… How exactly does one start in getting their needs met? I’m so glad you asked. In this week’s show, I’m listing out seven, super practical and easy-to-implement tips to help you identify the real issue you need to address, how to set yourself up for success, and how to express your request in a way that leaves you feeling like a mutha-fuckin’ Wonder Woman. Because, um… YOU. ARE.
This pod explores:
- Why you need to stop discussing the surface issue and how to identify what you’re really needing to say
- How to be incredibly specific so you can set others up to serve up aaaaall your needs on a platter
- My favorite tactic to prepare yourself for a conversation about your needs so you stay fully on track and don’t get rattled
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies.
- POD #250: How to Have Tough Convos
- POD #316: 9 Communications Hacks to Control Your Tone of Voice + *Not* Fly Off the Handle
- POD #356: Understanding Emotional Intelligence
- POD #357: 6 Ways to Start Speaking Up For Yourself
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!