IIf you’re like many of my clients and students, you have likely found yourself super inspired to start speaking up for yourself… even to those tough peeps (hi, mom) who make it extremely challenging. You muster all your new-found courage and go broach the challenging topic at hand with the challenging person at hand, and BOOM! “Said person” doesn’t get what you’re trying to share, totally doesn’t respect any boundaries you propose, and hurls so much guilt and hurt your way, you’re not totally sure you’ll survive.
You’re left vacillating between two very opposing emotions. On one hand, you are super, fuckin’ proud of yourself for taking a stand and spelling out some tough boundaries. But on the other hand, you’re terribly hurt, bummed out, and deeply saddened that your loved one and you are at odds.
Listen, when you start speaking up for what YOU want for a change, there are going to be people in your life who just do not like the new, “empowered you”. They may be mean, make you wrong, or push guilt on you like no one’s biz. But, all is not lost. In fact, this episode is all about navigating the “hangover” of standing up for yourself, deciding what the healthiest choices are for you, and owning your personal power like a total badass.
This pod explores:
- How to resist the urge to “make someone like you” after the two of you have had a tough convo (even if they’re super pissed at you, but you totally don’t think you did anything wrong)
- What to watch out for if you’re a “recovering” people-pleaser
- How to use the other person’s reaction to know if you’re on the right track or not
- How self-talk filters into the equation and the exact phrase I use to stay connected to my peace
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #191: What To Do When Friends + Family Don’t Like Your Choices
- POD #281: How to Stop Feeling Guilty
- POD #318: How to Establish Boundaries Like a Boss
- POD #357: 6 Ways to Start Speaking Up for Yourself
- POD #356: Understanding Emotional Intelligence – Connecting What You Feel With What You Do
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!