19 Feb What to Do When Friends + Family Don’t Like Your Choices [TJJS:Ep191]
family doesn’t like my choices
family doesn’t like my choices
Have you ever felt sure about a choice you’ve made only to be met with friends and/or family who make it abundantly clear that they do not like your choice? And, then you start second guessing the choice you made? Yeah. Me too.
Recently, a listener wrote in to the show expressing a similar issue: She had made the choice not to go to a family function (which sounded like hell to her) and her sister completely gave her the cold shoulder for three [fucking] months. When the sister finally came clean about what was bothering her, she not only didn’t listen to any reasoning, but called the listener selfish and accused her of always doing what she wanted to do no matter what.
Well, shit. So, this listener wanted to know, “How do I avoid being perceived as selfish or uncaring when I say no to something others want me to do or when I create boundaries?” You KNOW I had a shit-ton to say on this one, no? In this episode I break down 6 concepts to be aware of so that you aren’t totally and completely destroyed if mom doesn’t like your choice of mate or if your sister doesn’t think you should take that job. And more importantly, so you don’t keep changing your behavior just to make everyone else happy.
This pod explores:
- The shitty thing about personal development (WHAT? I know, right!?)
- How to allow yourself to be bummed-the-fuck-out by other people’s responses to you without making it mean you did something wrong
- How to get laser focused on what is your responsibility and how to let everything else go (Um… instead of obsessing)
- How to know who you can and can’t share information with
EARLY-BIRD REGISTRATION EXTENDED! ONLY A FEW DAYS LEFT!
THE SELF LOVE REVOLUTION: THE MASTER’S COURSE RETREAT #IRL
Join me and my bestie for our very first Self-Love Retreat happening in May 2017!
Space is extremely limited as only 20 spots are/were available. We will be taking a small army of women to a #gorge boutique hotel in Asheville, North Carolina to discuss all things self-love during a luxe (and all-inclusive… HELLO!) weekend away.
We will be teaching our signature Master’s Course curriculum which covers re-routing your self-talk, changing your relationship to your self-worth (hello, Enoughness!), how to forgive yourself for past mistakes, and how to navigate uncomfortable emotions.
Want the specifics? Of course you do. Simply swing by this page or click the image above to see if it’s just the ass kickin’ you need!
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!