17 Nov Sending out an S.O.S.: Dealing with Shiny Object Syndrome [TJJS:EP324]
dealing with shiny object syndrome
In our society that craves INSTANT gratification for damn-near everything, no wonder we get tripped up on the continual chase for the next best thing. The next shiny object. Surely, *this new thing* will make me happy. But, wait… now I’m bored with *that thing*, but Ooooooo, what about *this new thing over here*… and then rinse, repeat. Jumping from shiny object to shiny object. Not following through with anything and on a hamster wheel of happiness chasing.
But, here’s the thing… we usually do this racket without even realizing it. We do it subconsciously. We’re usually just trying to feel better, avoid something uncomfortable, and forget our shitty situation already. But, if you keep up this chase, you never really accomplish anything of merit and your happiness is inevitably always postponed.
In this week’s show, I look at the multitude of ways this not-so-medical “syndrome” shows up in your world, how to stop yourself from making hasty, rash choices, and where to really, *truly* find your Happiness.
This pod explores:
- The number one phrase you likely repeat over and over if you’re a shiny object chaser (and why you need to stop!)
- How spontaneity and impulsivity (although sexy) can be destroying your follow-through (and happiness)
- How to figure out the real reason you jump from this shiny thing to that shiny thing
- How to figure out what you are really craving in your life that you aren’t getting, so you can stop wasting time and money
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- Submit your burning Qs to me and Andrea at NotAnotherPod.com
- The Big Why: Understanding Adversity and Transforming Your Troubles into Triumphs by Walter Hallam
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!