04 Aug 6 Steps To Dealing With Imposter Complex [TJJS:EP310]
dealing with imposter complex
You land your perfect job.
And then your inner voice tells you that you are horribly unqualified and everyone is going to find you out.
You enter a super healthy relationship with an awesome partner.
And then your inner voice tells you how damaged you are, why you aren’t good enough, and why it’s all going to come crashing down in a blazing inferno.
You finally finish that graduate degree.
And then your inner voice tells you how you were the slowest in the class, probably won’t get hired, and should probably just try to get your old job back.
Sound familiar? If so, you are likely battling a lovely little issue we (in the personal growth world) like to call The Imposter Syndrome. The idea that, in spite of your success or accomplishment, you are somehow not good enough, a total fraud, and have fooled everyone who will surely soon find you out.
In this week’s episode, I answer a listener’s buring Q about what to do when you find yourself beating yourself up about being an imposter in your career, relationship, as a parent, or whatever. You’ll learn what to do with those pesky thoughts, how to acknowledge yourself (without being a cocky asshole), and how to own your god-damned brilliance (even if that terrifies you).
This pod explores:
- How to know if you actually are an imposter or if you’re just being a dick to yourself
- How to zero in on what you’re really afraid of so you can get a handle on your triggers and create a much more empowering inner convo
- Two of my favorite assignments to snap you outta this imposter trap (bring your pen and paper, Babycakes! We got work to do!)
- The one tool you need to employ TODAY to change how you view yourself so you know, you can actually be fucking happy
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #163 – How to Get Out of The Comparison Trap
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!