Tell me if this sounds familiar. You land a promotion you’ve been working toward for ages and instantly a barrage of commentary from your inner critic pipes in, “Just wait until they find out you have no idea what you are doing. You know it’s just a matter of time before they find you out.” Or maybe you are about to have your art featured in a high-profile exhibit, or you landed a lead role in a play you auditioned for, or your band is going to headline a major event and instead of thrill and excitement for this accomplishment, your inner shit-talker goes on a bender. “When they see who you really are, they’re going to regret giving you this opportunity. Who do you think you are!?”
If you’ve landed in the murky territory of the Imposter Complex, you are certainly not alone. In fact, some of the greatest minds of our time have admitted to struggling with feeling as though they are about to be “found out”. So, the great news is that Tina Fey, Michelle Obama, Maya Angelou, and Meryl Streep are living proof that this debilitating thought process doesn’t have to thwart your success. But, how? How does one move through the gloomy feeling of “I’m a fraud!”?
In this week’s show, I am thrilled to dial-up an expert on the subject. Tanya Geisler is a dear friend and colleague and one of the foremost experts on the subject of the imposter complex. She shares the specific behaviors we tend to employ (hint: perfectionism, people-pleasing, etc.) when in the throws of the imposter complex and what we can do to start shifting that narrative.
This pod explores:
- Why it’s not really a syndrome and why we need to stop calling it that
- The origin of Imposter Complex and how that affects us today
- The connection between your self-worth and feeling like an imposter and what to do about it
- Figuring out what your imposter complex go-to behaviors are
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
THIS WEEK’S ‘DIAL AN EXPERT’ GUESTIE
Tanya Geisler is a certified Leadership Coach, TEDxWomen speaker, and writer who teaches high-performing leaders how to combat their Imposter Complex and lead with impeccable impact so they can achieve their ultimate goals. Her clients include best-selling authors, public speakers, and rockstar motivators.
- I NEED YOUR FEEDBACK! Please share your feedback with me on what you think about the new formats of the show!
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- Tanya’s FB group, Overcoming the Imposter Complex
- Owning our authority: Tanya Geisler at TEDxIsfeldWomen
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!