01 Dec 6 Ways to Deal with Grief During the Holidays [TJJS:EP326]
dealing with grief during the holidays
Ever feel like you just can’t quite enjoy the holidays because you’re in the middle of an emotional shitstorm that seems to make the season trying, stressful, and overwhelming? Maybe it’s your first holiday after being newly divorced. Or maybe it’s the fifth Christmas without your beloved mother, and you can’t seem to understand why it’s still so damn hard for you. Or perhaps you just moved your family across the country and although it was an amazing decision for you, you still find yourself incredibly nostalgic, overly emotional, and sensitive.
If any of that sounds familiar, it’s likely that there is something in your world that needs a little processing. (And, no there’s nothing wrong with you.) Perhaps what’s tugging at you is the need for full-on grieving the loss of a loved one, which feels exacerbated by the sentimental tone of the holiday. Or perhaps it’s as simple as “a case of the blues” because you’ve changed jobs and aren’t able to do the gift exchange with your previous company you were with for ages.
Whatever you may be going through in your life, if you’ve created any changes in patterns, it’s likely that there may be a bit (or a shit ton) of emotion to work through… especially during this time of year. Even if you don’t think grief is called for, have a listen through this episode where I share six things you can do to work through all the “feels” you’re having during this temperamental time. And, P.S. dealing with your feels doesn’t mean you’re weak, too dramatic, or too sensitive. It just means you’re fucking human. And, brave.
This pod explores:
- The real reason why you might be drinking too much, eating too much, or spending too much during the season
- The best way to set yourself up for success if you KNOW the holidays will make your current life circumstances extra tough
- How to let go of the past in a powerful way and create a new, empowered meaning behind the season
- Who you should (and should not) be turning to for support
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- Submit your burning Qs to me and Andrea at NotAnotherPod.com
- POD #227 – “NO”vember: How to Say “No” + Not Feel Guilty
- POD #264 – What Self-Care *Really* Means
- POD #275 – How to NOT Lose Your Shit with Your Family this Holiday
- POD #279 – 6 Ways to Manage Holiday Stress
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!