01 Sep Dealing with Bullies + Naysayers When You Make Empowering Life Changes [TJJS:EP314]
dealing with bullies when making positive changes
Ever have *that thing* where you make a positive life choice for yourself, like getting in shape, getting on medication, or choosing a new career path, and the peeps in your life are less than supportive? They say things like, “Why would you stick to that workout; You always give up on everything?” or “Do you want to be dependent on that crazy medication all your life?” or “Why don’t you get yourself a ‘real’ job?” Whether they mean well or not, it can be so discouraging (and downright infuriating) when the people in your life shoot down your excitement and enthusiasm for something you are #legit pumped about.
In this episode, I dissect a listener submission that asks, “How can I deal with all the naysayers and bullies that constantly make snide and hurtful remarks now that I’m committed and thrilled about my weight-loss process?” I discuss five strategies you can employ to get rid of the Negative Nelly’s in your life and speak up for yourself like the Confident Courtney that you are! Plus, I give you the exact words to say, so get your paper and pen handy!
This pod explores:
- The first step to take if you feel like the peeps in your life are N E G A T I V E
- How to prepare ahead of time for sticky get togethers, meet-ups and events that often leave you freaking out about what dipshit thing people may say to you
- Four specific tactics and approaches to take to speak up for yourself depending on who you are talking to
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #191 – What to Do When Friends + Family Don’t Like Your Choices
- POD #200 – What No One Ever Taught You About Boundaries
- POD #250 – Tough Convos 101
- POD #313 – 4 Steps to Manifesting Dope-ass Friendships
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!