15 Oct Dealing with Anxiety, Panic Attacks, and Medication [TJJS:EP224]
Dealing with anxiety
dealing with anxiety
Over 15 years ago, I sat in my doctor’s office explaining my obsessive and compulsive thought patterns, my debilitating worry, and my latest (and thrilling) symptom of dry-heaving. She kindly explained to me that if I continued on the same trajectory, it was likely that I would be dead from a heart attack by age thirty, or at the very least, have extreme stomach ulcers.
Bottom line: This anxiety disorder could take me out.
This wasn’t just a matter of being “a worry wort” or a “perfectionist” or all the other labels I had haphazardly thrown around to define my constant need to control and obsess on everything. This was a serious condition that was radically, and detrimentally, affecting the quality of my life.
In this week’s episode, I discuss what it really looks like to struggle with anxiety disorder, how to work through crippling panic attacks, and how to approach (or not) the journey of finding a medicinal solution. Struggling with anxiety doesn’t mean you can’t ever see an improvement in your reality. Have a listen and learn about everything you CAN do to get a handle on this obstacle in your life, because, honey, you are not a victim, you are a Survivor.
This pod explores:
- The difference between situational anxiety and chronic anxiety and why that matters
- How to set yourself up for success with regards to your triggers, support structure, and medication (And, we may or may not have an in-depth discussion about good ol’ Mary Jane)
- My perspective on medication and the best advice I ever received about this journey
- A handful of strategies to get you through the roughest of panic attacks
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- POD #102 – Confessions of a Life Coach with Anxiety Disorder
- POD #190 – Your Go-To, Self-Sabotaging Behaviours & How to Change Them
- POD #200 – What No One Ever Taught You About Boundaries
- My interview with Tim J.P. Collins on his show, The Anxiety Podcast, where I chat about my journey with anxiety and how to curb your negative self-talk
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!