19 May 4 Steps To Dealing With Anger (Without Punching Someone In The Teeth) [TJJS:EP300]
Dealing With Anger
You’re livid. Heads are about to roll. Maybe you found out that your partner didn’t take care of an important issue at your child’s school leaving you scrambling at the last minute. Or perhaps your sister went behind your back and shared something with other family members when you specifically asked her not to. Or maybe you can’t listen to the news, get direction from *you know who* at work, or drive to the gym without feeling like you could punch someone (or many someones) in the teeth.
Listen, up, Babycakes. Anger is real. It’s a natural, human reaction to feeling wronged, threatened, or victimized. But, if you’re like many peeps, you have never been given the tools to navigate anger in a healthy way without plummeting head first into an addiction, a physical altercation, or massively regretting everything you just said/did… like, damaging property or something.
So, is the trick to not get mad? Of course not. In the first half of this episode, I spell out some Dos and Don’ts around working with your anger followed by the second half where I address a simple, four-step process to dealing with a fit of anger… whether it’s been festering for years or if it just hit you today. This process will allow you feel waaaaay more in control, create a ton of permission to be your messy, human self, and get to the root issues so you can get back to your badass, happy self.
This pod explores:
- Why processing your anger is actually essential for your health (What!? I know.)
- How to channel your anger in a way that feels massively healing and cathartic (instead of riddled with guilt and regret)
- My favorite tool for figuring out the “real” issue behind what’s pissing you off, so you can make some real and lasting change
- How to ask for what you need in a way that actually gets you heard… and gets results
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #209 – How to Teach Personal Development to Kids
- POD #217 – The Blame Game
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!