Tell me if this sounds familiar: You interview for a job that has a ton of other candidates and you constantly ruminate on all the other applicants and wonder how you compare. Or, maybe you grew up in a family with so much competition that you felt you couldn’t ever measure up if you didn’t have fourteen degrees like your older sister. Or be the star athlete like your brother. Or maybe you find yourself in constant competition with your besties to see who can be the thinnest/richest/best parent, etc.
It is no secret that our society thrives on competition and comparison. The beauty and fitness industries feed on it. After all, our ancestors stayed alive by competing with one another. So, no wonder we feel like the only way to survive is to beat everyone else. Be the best at everything. Our weight. Our relationships. Our finances. Our work. All of it. Be the fucking best.
Because, what happens if you aren’t the best? You are simply not enough. The concept of competition implies there is only one winner and therefore, everyone else just simply isn’t as valuable. And, this concept wreaks havoc on our self-esteem. So what do we do about it? So glad you asked. In this week’s show, I sound off on the difference between healthy and toxic competition, how to spot the difference, and how to own your self-worth like a badass no matter what anyone else is doing.
This pod explores:
- How to decipher if being competitive is motivating and inspiring to you or if it leaves you feeling empty, broken, and not enough
- Key questions to ask yourself to evaluate if “I’m just super competitive” is an empowering way to identify
- The reason why reckoning with our competitive nature is a fierce act of liberation (and how it relates to social justice)
- How to focus on YOU instead of measuring yourself against everyone else
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #137: Celebrating How Far You’ve Come
- POD #330: Accessing “Enoughness”: Believing You Are Worthy
- POD #331: Letting Go Of Comparing Yourself To Others
- POD #356: Understanding Emotional Intelligence – Connecting What You Feel With What You Do
- Dr. Tee Williams
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!