28 Jul 9 Kickass Communication Hacks [TJJS:EP309]
You know *that thing* when you get totally caught off guard by a request and don’t know how to say “No”, so you say, “Um, yeah, sure. Totally”? Or how ‘bout this one: You know you need to address something with your bestie by you keep thinking, “Am I overreacting? Am I being dramatic? I feel like I should say something, but I’m so nervous!” Or maybe your boss walks into your office and asks for another report to be completed and instead of saying “I don’t think I can add one more thing to my plate”, you just verbally list out a litany of things that you have to accomplish, hoping that she’ll magically get your drift.
Real talk. No one teaches us how to articulate our thoughts, feelings, needs, and opinions in an effective manner. We stumble around thinking we can’t ever let anyone down and god forbid we actually say “No”! So we learn to “sweep things under the rug” and tell ourselves that it’s not that serious until we erupt like a god-damned volcano.
If you’re sick of this rat race, but still don’t know #WTF to say, then prepare to burn a hole in this episode. I go off about nine, easy-to-implement communication hacks that will have you speaking up for yourself and feeling damn good about it. Get your pen and paper ready because this is your new bible.
This pod explores:
- Tons of specific phrases/scripts you can use in the toughest of interactions
- My go-to word to use to kick off a tough conversation like a boss
- How to stop those arguments before they even start (for reals)
- How to use humor and sarcasm without being a total asshat
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!