08 Apr Effectively Communicating with Your Partner Part 2
Communicating With Your Partner
communicating with your partner
Sometimes communicating with your partner can feel like you’re trying to solve a Rubik’s cube with your feet… and with your eyes closed. And even though you feel like you are using all of the words and explaining yourself over and over and over, it seems like you are even farther away from solving this intricate puzzle. And, now somehow your partner is pissed at YOU. Wait, what? How did we get here?
This cycle is unbelievably common because, um, where exactly are we supposed to learn how to communicate effectively? School? Mom and Dad? Hell, no. Media? Uh, nope. Your last relationship? Probably not. So, cut yourself some slack and be compassionate. The great news is that EFFECTIVELY communicating with your partner isn’t that complicated and you can make huge changes in your relationship dynamic just from making a few subtle shifts.
If you tuned in last week, you heard me sound off on some of the most common ways we try to get through to our partner which often ends in nothing but frustration, freak-outs, and fuming. This week, I’m covering off five things you can do that will drastically change your ability get your message across to your partner.
This pod explores:
- How to figure out what you role in the matter may be (even if you would rather make it his/her fault)
- The one essential piece of communication you’re probably neglecting every single time you chat with your partner
- How to present your “side” of the sitch to your partner in a way they can actually hear you
- What to do if the two of you start raising your voices and get all heated
Radical Communication, Connection, + Intimacy
Clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to snag your spot and start the process of creating a relationship you LOOOOOVE. #yesplease
RELATIONSHIP RX NOW OPEN FOR REGISTRATION!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat in Relationship Rx!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!