03 Mar How to Break-Up with a Friend [TJJS:EP290]
Breaking Up With a Friend
breaking up with a friend
Tell me if this sounds familiar: You have “this friend”… and this friend is perhaps someone you’ve known forever. Maybe you saw each other through some tough times, but at this particular place in your life, this friendship has been feeling downright toxic. But you guilt yourself saying, “Well, we’ve been friends since college” or “Am I a dick if I don’t want to be there for her anymore?”
If that sounds at all familiar, you are in the same boat that many people find themselves in when they reach their 30s and 40s. You’ve grown as a person, your life has changed, and your priorities have shifted. But, you still feel tethered to this historical relationship that feels more like it’s robbing you dry than adding to your intimate connections.
A listener of the show wrote to the pod asking how to actually let go of one of these friendships. I mean, how do you go about breaking up with a friend? Is there an approach? How do you know if you’re being a big ‘ol meanie? If you’ve been pulled to part ways with a friendship, but have no idea what-the-hell that actually looks like, you may want to have a listen. I discuss 3 major concepts you need to keep in mind (you know, to keep your shit straight) and 2 specific methods you can take to actually pull the trigger on the “break up”.
This pod explores:
- How to tap into the “real” reason you’re looking to end the friendship
- How to get connected to the way you need to conduct yourself so you’re proud of your own behavior (even if the other person loses their shit)
- How to determine if there is any way the friendship can be salvaged
- Two specific methods to “break up” with this unfulfilling friendship
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
CREADY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #112 – 5 Steps to Finding Dope-Ass Friendships
- Written post – Withdrawals/Deposits: How does Your Account Look?
- POD #242 – How to Get Rid of the Takers in Your Life
- POD #250 – Tough Convos 101
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!